Solo Swap Project Proposal
Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis
Who: Established dance/theater artists working worldwide with a minimum of 10 years’ of professional experience as a choreographers and performers
- The creation of a distinct substantial solo of at least 15 minutes in length for each of the collaborators
- Availability of a two-to four-week period in Chicago or the participant’s home city to develop these solos through a process tailored to the creative needs and goals of the collaborators.
- Pooling of resources to support the swap, which might include rehearsal/creation space, accommodations, travel, financial support, artist compensation, and local connections to the host community that enable opportunities to interact with the public
How to apply:
In a PDF document no longer than two pages, please answer the following questions:
- Proposed site for the swap (city or specific venue)
- Resources you might bring to support the process
- Ideal time of year for you to engage in this swap (fall, winter, spring, summer)
- Brief description of your current creative process
- What you hope to gain from a solo swap
- How you define or use site-specific environments in your work
- How you imagine the creation/rehearsal process might work and what challenges and benefits you expect in this type of collaboration
Attach the following required materials:
- Current resume
- A minimum of two references with contact information (name, email address, phone)
- Links to online video documentation for two to three representative samples of your work, totalling up to five minutes; at least one, must include you; if possible, submit a sample that is improvisation or rehearsal footage of you in a studio setting
Materials should be submitted to email@example.com.
Materials will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. You will receive a confirmation email once your proposal is received. Please allow up to two weeks for follow-up communication.